I didn’t have as much time to play with this shot as I would have liked, and angles were a bit of an issue with the composition. There was a police vehicle with lights on just across the street, which provided the color to the image.
As I have been distracted by being quite literally chained to my desk, I decided to return to outer space for a tutorial as I didn’t have an image in mind to start out with. It’s a variation on a theme I’ve already explored, only this time using a photograph of clouds rather than generating clouds using Photoshop filters.
I wanted a green nebula, but as you can see it doesn’t work quite as well as the blue. The advantage of this, however, is that I can there are plenty of stock photos of clouds or similar patterns that can be used to give the nebula a specific desired effect. Or, in a pinch, I can always go out and take my own cloud photos. Those taken during a lightning storm could yield interesting results.
A friend fancies himself a musician, and asked me to consider making an album cover for him. With that in mind, I decided to try this tutorial.
In retrospect, I should have gone with picture that showed more animation and brighter colors. It’s a good image, just not right for this particular project.
It occurs to me that it’s best to make a place feel inviting. With that in mind, I’ve decided to try this tutorial.
I found his dungeon wall a little boring, so I went with my own. I did, however, use his font suggestion. My results?
If you like the wall, please feel free to use. It’s a composite of various images from CGTextures.
Today I’m going back to just playing with special effects. In my undersea work, and for that matter some of my space work, there is the need for bubbles / gobs of molten stuff. Thus, I went with this tutorial.
Nice, crisp, clean, and exactly as advertised.
After a break from Photoshop, it’s time to play again. In the story I’m working on, a couple of old photographs play an important role in the plot, and my cover design will eventually involve said photographs. Thus, I decided to use this tutorial.
Nice effect, good patina. I think if I redo the project, I may add some coffee stain like marks or other ‘damage’.
Well, I attempted this tutorial.
Unfortunately, he just went way too fast for me and I wasn’t able to determine settings. So, my results?
And I think I need to practice gradient maps just a bit more before trying this again. I was liking how it looked in black and white, and may just play with those results and go off in a different direction.
I have a composition in mind, but I want the finished results to have a watercolor feel to them. Thus, I decided to try this tutorial.
Nicely surreal, but I think I should have used the clone tool or some adjustments to fix the bits of lens flare. The purple bits kind of stand out on the rock. Still, a much, much better result than simply using Photoshop’s ‘watercolor’ filter.
I am continuing on with modifications of a human subject. Today’s tutorial was a lot easier than I thought it would be.